THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Position: Impact Specialist
Reports to: Executive Director
Type: Two year term position, 37.5 hours per week
About The Community Foundation
The Community Foundation acts as a trustee of financial gifts from its donors – pooling the donations to cultivate and grow permanently endowed funds that support charitable organizations, local community needs and priorities, and inspire community leadership.
We are constantly working with donors and local charitable groups to improve the quality of life in Greater Saint John.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Impact Specialist will lead the impact evaluation needs of the Foundation internally, guide potential grantees with applications for funding to the Foundation and where applicable, provide local charities and funders with impact evaluation support. This role is central to creating an evidence-based culture and embedding evaluation into service development and delivery across our services.
• Lead program impact evaluation design and implementation process for the Foundation
• Work directly with potential grantees to strengthen each application through an evaluation lens to provide a larger impact on the projects funded by the Foundation and to help grantees leverage additional external funding
• Develop the impact evaluation frameworks, reports and data collection tools (surveys, questionnaires) for use internally and for external stakeholders
• Produce high quality impact reports for donors and stakeholders
• Promote a culture of evidence-based practice and use of insights to drive improvements
• Identify and collaborate with external stakeholders on their impact evaluation needs
• Lead data collection (qualitative and quantitative), data processing (e.g. data entry, interview transcription), and data management (e.g. maintaining databases) for the Foundation and external stakeholders
• Assist in identifying funding sources and potential partners, in addition to developing and submitting evaluation and research proposals
• Develop data and information to demonstrate impact to the local charities we serve for various presentation opportunities, publications and social media.
• Ensure strict governance of sensitive information to the highest ethical standards including those related to privacy and confidentiality.
• Other duties as directed.
• Minimum of a Master’s level university degree preferred in project management, community development, evaluation or equivalent.
• A minimum of five years of experience leading research projects and monitoring/evaluation initiatives for diverse stakeholders.
• Extensive knowledge of project and program evaluation processes, focused on demonstrating impact and benchmarking activities.
• A working understanding of the Greater Saint John Community and social concerns.
• Demonstrated superior written communications and oral presentation skills.
• Expertise in statistical methods interpretation and statistical programs.
• Familiarity with legislative Acts, standards, policies and protocols related to research activities.
• Drivers license with the ability to travel throughout the region.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Acrobat).
To commemorate with qualifications.
Term begins in March 2020.
Term concludes March 31, 2022 with possibility of extension.
To apply, please send a covering letter and resume to:
The Greater Saint John Community Foundation
Application deadline is Friday, February 21, 2020 at 4 pm.