RBC Future Launch Challenge
Are you between the ages of 15-29 ? Do you have bold ideas for how to help your community? Are you keen to develop new skills, gain experience, and build relationships while addressing an urgent local need? You could receive a grant of up to $15,000 to make it happen with the RBC Future Launch Community Challenge. The Community Foundation of Greater Saint John will match that amount to make your total project grant $30,000 .
Find out how you can apply by contacting the Community Foundation via email: email@example.com #RBCFLChallenge
Today’s problems need more than yesterday’s solutions. We need bold new thinking to help meet the challenges of the future. The RBC Future Launch Community Challenge provides grants to inspiring youth-led initiatives from coast to coast to coast.
From food security, to the environment, to reconciliation, young people know what their communities need to thrive. With grants of for youth-led initiatives across the country, the RBC Future Launch Challenge is helping put these ideas into action.
RBC Foundation and Community Foundations Canada are helping shift power into the hands of youth with the RBC Future Launch Challenge. Bold youth-led initiatives will see young people lead, develop skills, gain experience, and build new relationships in 150 communities across Canada. Find out how you can get involved. Contact the Greater Saint John Community Foundation – firstname.lastname@example.org
Proud to participate in the #RBCFLChallenge with support from @CommFdnsCanada @RBC
Elements for Consideration
Project-based applications are encouraged which reflect an identified need in the community, impact a significant number of people and/or priority populations, build effective community partnerships, improve the quality of life in Greater Saint John and plan for sustainability of the initiative/project beyond initial funding.
Consideration will be given to initiatives/projects that relate to the Community Foundation’s key funding priorities.
Grants are available for capital equipment and small-scale capital projects that have a defined time frame within the granting period.
We do not fund large-scale capital projects (new building construction and significant structural renovations), ongoing operational requirements for a charity, such as rent and salaries and multi-year funding (see full list below).
We do fund innovative projects and initiatives that are led by qualified donees to enhance the quality of life in Greater Saint John.
Grants will not be awarded to:
- Support multi-year funding beyond the annual granting period;
- Support ongoing operational expenses such as a charity’s rent and salaries;
- Support large-scale, long-term capital construction projects (new building construction and significant structural renovations);
- Support any ongoing fundraising activities, including annual fund drives and capital campaigns;
- Cover deficits or retire debts;
- Provide endowment funds;
- Support sectarian, religious, or political purposes;
- Provide retroactive funding for project expenses incurred prior to approval of the proposal by the Community Foundation’s Board of Directors;
- Fund league or club-based sports programs;
- Fund projects for which the applicant has sufficient resources;
- Organizations that are not qualified donees;
- Fund projects that impact residents outside of Greater Saint John.
Please contact the Community Foundation office with any questions regarding eligibility.
Successful applicants will sign a grant contract that outlines the grantee's commitment to the following:
- Spending the funds for the intended purposes;
- Accounting for the grant and any changes;
- Returning any unused funds to the Foundation;
- Recognizing the Foundation for this grant.